If you are a sweet meat type of person, then this recipe is for you! One of my new favorite ways to have pork chops is having it the Cherry Pepsi Pork Chop way. It is so tasty and pretty easy and quick to make! I used boneless pork chops, but you can use bone-in if that is what you prefer. Your kids will love this too! Not a fan of Cherry Pepsi? Use Coca-Cola!
The ingredients you need are six ¼ to ½ inch slices of bone-in or boneless pork chops, salt, pepper, 1 ½ cups of Ketchup, one 12 oz. can of cherry Pepsi and 1 TBSP of brown sugar. NOTE: If you want a bit of spicy with that sweet, then add about 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (taste your mixture and add more pepper flakes if you want it a bit more on the spicy side).
Begin by sprinkling salt on both sides of your chops.
Pour the ketchup into a bowl.
Pour your can of cherry Pepsi over the ketchup and whisk it all together until it’s well combined.
Put the brown sugar into the mixture and mix. Red pepper flakes are optional. If you want your chops to be sweet & spicy, then add about 1/2 tsp of those pepper flakes to this ketchup mixture. Taste it and see if you want to add a bit more pepper flakes.
Heat a TBSP or so of canola oil in a skillet, on medium heat. Once it’s hot, place your chops in the skillet and cook them just till they are a bit browned on both sides.
Pour the ketchup mixture over the pork chops, making sure they are all covered with the sauce. Bring heat to a simmer and allow to cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the meat is not pink in the center and the sauce has thickened some.
- Six ¼ to ½ inch slices of bone-in or boneless pork chops
- 1 ½ cups Ketchup
- One 12 oz. can of cherry Pepsi
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- Begin by seasoning your slices of chops with sprinkles of salt and pepper on each side. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the ketchup and cherry Pepsi until well combined. Add the brown sugar and mix. You can add some red pepper flakes in there if you want it to be a sweet and spicy kind of meat.
- In a skillet, heat about a TBSP or so of canola oil and once hot, add the seasoned pork chops. Cook on each side till browned a bit.
- Pour the ketchup mixture over the pork chops, making sure they are all covered with the sauce. Bring heat to a simmer and allow to cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the meat is not pink in the center and the sauce has thickened
- Plate your chops and top with sauce from the skillet. Use remaining sauce for extra dipping. Serve with your favorite sides!