We love eating shrimp and one of our new favorites is the Ginger Honey Garlic Shrimp way. You will definitely be sure to love this too!
The ingredients you will need are 3 TBSP of honey, 1 TBSP of low sodium soy sauce, 2 TBSP of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 4 cloves of minced garlic, 1/4 tsp of ground ginger, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of pepper, 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes, 1 lb to 24 ounces of peeled raw medium shrimp, butter and green onion (I used two 12 oz. bags).
Rinse the shrimp and set aside. In a separate bowl pour in the honey.
Add in the soy sauce, lemon juice and minced garlic.
Add the ground ginger, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Whisk all the ingredients together and then pour it into the bowl of shrimp, tossing it together to coat every piece. You can also place the shrimp in a Ziploc bag with the marinade, instead of the bowl. Place inside the refrigerator to marinate for a couple hours. Chop up some green onion and place aside for later use.
In a large skillet, heat a couple TBSP of butter. Once it’s hot, pour the shrimp and marinade into the pan.
Cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side, or until your shrimp turns pink.
Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle your chopped green onion over the finished shrimp. ENJOY!
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBSP freshly squeezed juice from lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb to 24 oz. of peeled raw medium shrimp
- green onion, chopped
- Rinse the shrimp and place aside in a bowl or Ziploc bag
- In a bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- Pour marinade over the shrimp and place in refrigerator to marinate for about 2 hours
- In a large skillet, heat a couple TBSPs of butter. Once hot, pour the shrimp and marinade into the pan. Cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side, or until your shrimp turns pink
- Chop up some green onion and garnish your finished shrimp